Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's been over one year.

It's been about more than one year since I came to Brisbane. I left my family behind and came here. Looking back on my life, it was the hardest thing to be away from people I love and care about. Over one year, my oldest sister opened a restaurant and my second oldest sister gave birth to a daughter. Actually, I didn’t realize until I came here that I made such a challenge and hard decision. The reason I chose to come here is that first of all, I wanted to speak English fluently and another thing is that I expected the feelings which I had during holiday in other countries. Finally, I made a decision very easily and quickly. However, I found many things that there are heaps of differences between studying overseas and travelling overseas. It would take page and page, so I won’t forgo it. If I knew that and considered many things, I wouldn’t have been here. Currently, I am happy with my loose decision. This is because I’ve learned a lot about how to lead my life and how important is the relationship with friends and family, although I'm still missing my family dearly.

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping healthy.

2 comments:

just_susan said...

It must be very hard for you to be so far away from your family. It was for me. I love the idea of teaching overseas again until I think about my children and my grandchildren and how much of their lives I have already missed by being away so much in the past 5 years. I think if I go again I'll make the times away shorter... more like 3 months. I'd rather pay my own fare and stay a shorter time than go for a year again. It's just too long away from my family.

Regards
Susan H

dlh_downunder said...

A sad posting Mun Hee! :( But from the rest of your blog it looks like you are starting to have some good times with friends you have met here. I hope this helps you get over your homesickness!

-Debra-